In the time that The SkyCorps Blog has been around, I’ve received 3 awards. Two of them being a Liebster Award while the other one was an ABC Award, which is pretty fun. After a long while, another award has been given to this blog. Wow, I didn’t think I’d see that happen again. This time my good friend and blogging partner in crime, Deven of Anime Thief and Anime Corps has been kind enough to pass this along to me. Thanks man!
As per usual here are the official rules:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
So yeah that’s what I’ve got to do, now let’s begin with the questions!
1. What was your first anime?
My first anime I ever watched was The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, the English dub of it. Still my all time favorite anime and dub, it was the series that started me down the path that’s led to where I am right now.
2. What’s your favorite genre of anime?
Hmm, it’s hard to say what genre I like the most. I value a good story in pretty much anything I watch, but I also like the simple slice of life anime that usually have no plot to them. I’m honestly not sure what genre I like the most as I’ll watch just about anything that sounds interesting to me.
3. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Strawberry or chocolate. I know it’s so ordinary, but there’s nothing wrong with that.
4. What are you going to be watching this Spring 2015
Ooh I’ve got quite the list:
Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 2
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?
Grisaia no Rakuen
Grisaia no Meikyuu
Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation
Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic
Houkago no Pleiades
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku
Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
Shokugeki no Souma
Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
Urawa no Usagi-chan
I may not end up watching everything there, but that’s what I’ve got marked down so far. Out of all of those I’m reviewing Plastic Memories, Hibiki! Euphonium, and Knights of Sidonia S2.
5. Is there any manga or anime that you watch/read that you wish more people knew about?
The first manga I ever read was actually one my brother bought called Kagerou Meikyuu or Amnesia Labyrinth in English. It’s by Nagaru Tanigawa actually and while it’s only 2 volumes (although I never read the second one…) I thought it was pretty good. I really should go back and re-read volume one and go get the second one to see how it all ends.
6. What do you do when you aren’t blogging?
School work, writing, helping around the house, out doing something, trying to find a job, playing LLSIF, just trying to keep myself alive. It’s nothing that special, honestly.
7. What’s your favorite idol anime?
I feel like this question was made just for me. While I’ll of course say Love Live is my favorite, I will also mention that I enjoyed iDOLM@STER even if I’ve only seen it once, Cinderella Girls is also great too, I enjoyed Locodol, and Wake Up, Girls! while being good I had some issues with it that make me not like it as much as I otherwise would.
8. Who’s your favorite voice actor(English, Japanese, or both)
While I haven’t watched much English dubbed anime, one voice that I can never forget is Crispin Freeman because of how amazing he made Kyon. As for Japanese voice actor/actress, I can’t put any one person at the top as I love so many people it’s hard to pick just one.
9. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I started this blog because of an accident actually. I made a WordPress account accidentally (yes it’s actually possible) and being that I didn’t want to waste it, I made The SkyCorps Blog and later Anime Corps.
10. What’s your favorite food?
I actually really like Mexican food. It’s probably because of when I was down in California back in the day (I mean way, way, way back in the day too) that’s something very common to find. Up here in Canada, on this shitty little island I live on, Mexican food is extremely rare to find outside making it yourself with the kit you buy at the store.
11. What kind of anime merchandise do you collect?
As of now I’ve only bought two Kantoku calendars from J-List. When I get some more money at some point in the future, I’d love to buy a few figures.
So that’s it for questions, now for 11 random facts about myself.
1: I wear glasses
2: Everyone always talks about how tall I am as I look down
on at them.
3: I think red hair looks really pretty on a girl.
4: I used to be on the track & field team while in school. I was the fastest kid in my grade and won 1st place many times.
5: I’m right handed.
6: I’ve been writing since 2009 but I have yet to finish any story I’ve started. Yeah, pretty bad.
7: I enjoy reading and I’m currently reading Nisekoi volume 2.
8: I’m a huge Canucks fan.
9: I’m very introverted in real life. I don’t like being around huge groups of people, as I’d rather spend my time doing something else.
10: Uh…. I’m running out of things to say here. I… uh, I sleep a lot.
11: For some reason this is always a big surprise to people, but I’m actually black. My dad is African-American while my mom in Canadian. But as I only have my Canadian citizenship, I lean towards being Canadian more than American.
I feel bad for breaking the chain but I’m not going to continue this tagging as I’ve already tagged a bunch of people very recently, and because most of the blogs I follow are in some state of on hold or just dead. So this is the end of the line for the Liebster Award. Sorry Deven.
Thanks for reading this and thank you to Deven for tagging me for this. Maybe this blog can come back to life after all.
With 100k views in its first year, Anime Corps is booming like never before! Why not stop by and check it out?
If you noticed any spelling and/or grammar errors, please let me know so I can fix them. Thanks!